Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Apple Crisp

Today I really wanted something sweet for dessert that used my fall apples that I had just put in the freezer. This recipe is so simple but is really good.
The topping (my favorite part) combine these ingredients:
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup of Old Fashioned oats
1 1/2 sticks of butter (slightly melted)
I used a pastry blender, which worked nicely to blend this part. I think next time I will add in a few pieces of pecans or walnuts.


In a bowl toss your apples with a little lemon juice, then add:
3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/3 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Stir to coat apples then place them in a baking dish and cover with topping.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 - 55 mins. Depending on your oven, you may need to lay a piece of foil on top to keep it from browning too much until the apples are just right.



Now comes the fun part! Enjoy and don't forget the ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks delicious!!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe, and I appreciate your comment on my blog :)

    Have a lovely afternoon,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a bowl of that right now! Too bad we don't live right next to each other...I'd be right over! It looks delicious! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete